We understand that buying a home can be a nerve-wracking experience. A survey will offer you transparent report on the property in question, identifying any serious defects that could ultimately save you money.
If serious defects are identified in the report, this is often the time to renegotiate your offer to reflect the cost of any repairs.
Reasons to consider instructing your own survey through us:
Save money on your house surveys by comparing quotes from RICS regulated Chartered Surveyors. Whatever type of property you are buying and wherever it is located, we can supply you with up to 4 quotes from Chartered Surveyors with a working knowledge of the local area.
Our Chartered Surveyors can provide you with a HomeBuyer Report or the more comprehensive Building Survey, depending on what you require. All you have to do is fill in the short form and the quotes will be sent instantly via email.
- Full control - You can ask the surveyor to look at specific areas before they enter the property
- Most lender's basic valuations are only 1 to 2 pages in length and are really only for the lenders purposes of ensuring the property is suitable security for a mortgage loan. A homebuyers is on average 10 pages full of details room by room
- Surveyor works on your behalf – No conflict of interest with the Lender
- Many mortgage lenders now offer free basic valuations – Why not get an expert 2nd opinion from another surveyor who worked for you
- Saves money – Many lenders and valuers will charge more for a homebuyers or building survey than a local surveyor
- If buying cash a private survey can give you peace of mind
- Identifies defects not picked up by a simple basic valuation such as damp, timber and structural problems