At Sellmyhome.co.uk we realise that with the rising costs of moving home, it might not be possible to splash serious amounts of cash on your interiors prior to a sale so that’s why we’ve teamed up with award winning textile designer, Katie Mosa to offer you some of her top tips. Katie’s nature inspired textiles are all hand drawn and aim to bring the outside in – she is passionate about soft, neutral linens and cottons and her timeless style helps to bring out the best in any home whether it be a traditional country cottage or sleek modern apartment. So if you're aiming to sell you home privately with Sell My Home it's well worth listening to what she has to say.
Katie says: When presenting your home for a sale this Spring, there are certainly some thrifty tricks that will ensure your property will create the right sort of impact. My first piece of advice is to always put yourself in the buyers’ shoes and consider what you would want to see in your future home both in person and in the agent’s photos.
- If there’s one soft furnishing item I would suggest investing in, it has to be your cushions. Every sitting room scene can be enhanced with the right soft furnishings. Go for a range of sizes that fit neatly together and ensure they are always plumped
- If you need freshen up the paint in any room and you’re afraid of using colour stick to neutral colour palates which are less intrusive. There’s a great eco-friendly brand called Earthbornwhich has a gorgeous nature inspired range
- Keep your smaller windows clear and fuss free to let in more light and maximise space
- Depending on the time of day, switch on a strategic lamp or two to give your home some warm light
- If you light any scented candles make sure they are not too intrusive and have a natural, organic style scent – my favourite is the Complete Bliss from NEOM Organics
If you’d like to speak to get in touch with Katie about her range of stunning fabrics, soft furnishings and bespoke interiors service please feel free to get in touch via her website www.katiemosa.com and quote Sellmyhome.co.uk to receive a 10% discount.