Judging by the amount of calls we’re getting at Sell My Home HQ, lots of people are considering an early 2014 house move and selling their current property through an online estate agent to avoid hefty high street estate agents fees. The packing companies have got a spring in their step and the stats tell us that property prices are increasing and it’s possible to make good money from a sale.
If you’ve made the decision to sell your home fast online and move, but the actual move day itself is giving you sleepless nights, follow our simple steps to successfully complete your very own ‘Challenge Annika’.
- Create a roles and responsibilities spreadsheet for each family member in good time so everyone is clear
- Out with the old and in with the new. Use free local sale site blogs like Gumtree to sell off old furniture that won’t work in your new home try to ensure each item is collected a few weeks before your move date
- Find your local charity shop to donate unwanted clothes and books
- Hire a skip from your local council to get rid of any junk items
- If you’re not using removal vans consider a company like Zipvan to minimise car loads
- Order a food shop from an online supermarket to arrive on the same day so you don’t have to think about dashing to the nearest supermarket
Although it may seem like a daunting process, moving house is a great chance to de-clutter and your exciting new chapter will seem all the more worthwhile once you’re happily settled in your new home, especially if you sold your house privately online with us!
Check out our partners’ page for some companies who can make your move even easier:http://www.sellmyhome.co.uk/other-services