Last week was a tale of two halves – the horrendous weather and subsequent floods seemed to have dampened the spirits of the nation until….Lizzy Yarnold won Great Britain’s first Gold in the Winter Olympics! Her hard work and determination has been inspirational to us all.
Although Lizzy’s Gold has definitely lifted the spirits of the nation, the aftermath of the floods left many homeowners questioning what more they could have done to protect their properties with many now so badly damaged that they are impossible to sell through any estate agent. We have a few tips for those that might be worried about flooding in their area:
- Position sandbags around doors and windows leaving enough room for ventilation
- Move as many of your valuables as possible upstairs
- Ensure electrical items are unplugged and put them as high up in the house as possible
- Put plugs into your sinks and weigh them down with a heavy object
- Ensure your driveway is kept clear and landscape accordingly
Our friends at Lovespace are doing their best to help those living in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey and Buckinghamshire affected by the floods. They have launched a ‘Storage Aid’ initiative which gives those looking for extra storage 2 months free. We think this is a genius idea!
For more information visit http://lovespace.co.uk/blogs/storage-aid/
Stay safe and dry – from the team at SellMyHome.co.uk